A note from the editor
👉 Follow me on LinkedIn!
This report is exciting for a number of reasons. I recently posted to Linkedin about this and just how far CS Insider has come since our launch in January. Check it out if you haven't already!
With each report, we get more engagement and positive feedback from the community, which is really encouraging as we work really hard to put these resources together. So this week, if you don't mind, please share the love and send this report to a colleague or friend.
Please make sure to subscribe below to get our condensed insider reports, delivered fresh from the oven at 550 degrees. Make sure to let cool for 15 minutes before opening 🔥
Table of Contents
- 🔥CS Insider Updates
- 📈Trending on LinkedIn
- 🕹️Tech Talk
- 🔦Community Spotlight
- 🎉Community Wins
🔥CS Insider Updates
2. Our 2021 Talent and Retention Report Webinar takes place May 12th with John Tzagkarakis, Lorna Burrows, and CS Founding Contributor Bill McDiarmid. As a bonus for attending the event, John Tzagkarakis has offered a free 30-min call, where you can consult with him on any CS-related challenge that you are currently facing in your organization.
3. We released our most popular article to date — Why Belonging Matters by Mike Lee 😎
⌚ Here's are our top favorites, shuffled for the week 🔀
- Book: Onboarding Matters by Donna Weber is now available in print format on Amazon
- Survey Report: Global Customer Success Intelligence and Automation Survey Report 2021 — SmartKarrot
- Template: The Customer Success Handbook — Simplifying Success
- Book: Customer Copernicus: How to Be Customer-Led by Charlie Dawson and Seán Meehan is available for preorder!
- Checklists: What Is CX? Increase Revenue by 8% With Optimized CX Flows — Jane Courtnell, Process.st
- Magazine: NuffSaid launched 2.0 a new magazine for CS professionals. Check out their inaugural issue, "The Rise of the Strategic CCO"
- CSM Summit 2021 Recordings — Client Success
The Rise of Customer Success as a Profit Center — Winning by Design
How to Prevent Churn with Customer Health Score — CSM Practice
Why Surveys Should be Owned by Customer Success — ChurnZero
Is CS Leadership Failing? - Rants & Musings with Rick Adams — Practical CSM
- ChurnZero Named 2021 SIIA Business Technology Product CODiE Award Finalist for Best Customer Success Solution
- What makes a great CSM? — Daphne Lopes
- The Art of Upselling: How Retention Can Drive More Growth Than Acquisition" Sarah LeBoeuf — PostFunnel
- Effective Churn Prediction Requires Careful Planning — Brian Nordli, Built In
- What If There Were No CSMs? — Nick Mehta, Gainsight
- I need your help: 4 words that were impossible for me to say — Chad Horenfeldt
- The 3 Indicators of a Successful Client Call — Artem Gurnov
- How This Customer Success Leader Uses Smart Segmentation to Keep 110k Teams Humming — Yahoo Finance
- [Q&A] Customer Success Maturity Model: Know Where You Stand — ChurnZero with Bora Lee & Jeff Breunsbach
Matt Myszkowski, VP, Customer Experience, EMEIA, CISION — Revenue Revolutionaries
Ep 18 - Ashna Patel - Emotional Intelligence in Customer Success — Customer Uplift
- Frill — Feedback, roadmap & announcements wrapped into one affordable product.
- Baton — Baton optimizes the process of bringing customers to life on any software product. This week I talked with Rishabh Bhandari, Founder at Content Beta now how his company helps startups educate their customers without the hassle of media production.Use Baton to reduce churn and collaborate in real-time with their clients.
- Froged — The fastest way for subscription-based businesses to improve customer onboarding and retention while avoiding churn rate
- Uniting Customer Success and Customer Experience — May 11th
- Secrets to Great Customer Success Onboarding — May 11th, Customer Success Meetup- NY
- Future of SaaS Festival — May 11th, 12th, & 13th, Future of SaaS
- SaaS Insider Annual 2021 — May 13th, SaaS Insider
- PulseLocal SoCal “Bookshop” Series on The Customer Success Economy — May 20th, PulseLocal SoCal
📈Trending on LinkedIn
Ashna Patel shares what is EQ in CS, how to know if you are emotionally intelligent in your CS practices, strategies to practice good emotional intelligence, and 7 pieces of advice for a new CSM.
Anika Zubair recaps the April CSM LDN.
Maranda Dziekonski talks about a communication sandwich.
Megan Bowen discusses 10 ways to manage ambiguity effectively.
Mark Lewis talks about the customer not always being right.
Christian Jankenfelds shares what a Customer Success Manager is according to Harvard, and talks about 3 ways to create successful feedback loops with other teams, and the five elements of Customer Success 2.0.
Deepak Paripati breaks down running your first meeting with a customer as their CSM.
Aditya Maheshwari reminds us to slow down and ask better questions.
Ashley H. shares 4 tips to help keep customers engaged, before they go dark.
Erika Villarreal shares her thoughts on how CS is still undervalued, staying on top of health scores and NPS results, and various CS resources
Emily Garza talks about the steps to take when transitioning into Customer Success and reminds us we do not always have to say yes.
Brandon Cestrone shares a too real version of the day and the life of a CS professional.
Jan Young shares some resources for people transitioning into CS.
Ana-Maria Mihai highlights proven customer success tactics to improve customer experience.
Dana Alvarenga goes over some insightful ways to measure the impact of your customer's voice.
Kristi Faltorusso reminds us all... "Don't Panic."
Markus Rentsh shares why SaaS CEOs need to understand the more you invest in CS the faster you'll grow.
John Tzagkarakis discusses the qualities of a great Customer Success Manager.
Scale your Customer Service with Studio-quality product training videos. Book a demo today
🎉 Kaitlin Moore completed the Customer Success Management Fundamentals course on LinkedIn.
🎉 Breon Waldman completed Level 1 CCSM with SuccessHACKER.
🎉 Christopher Fernandez is starting a new CS role at Gong.
🎉 Dilliana C.B. started a new role at Hivebrite as Senior Director of Customer Success.
🎉 Nick Setterberg completed Level 2 CCSM with SuccessHACKER.
🎉 Erin Siemens joins Anaplan as Chief Customer Officer.
🎉 Ravindra M.K starting a new position as Director, Customer Success at CropIn Technology.
🎉 Kim Beinborn named Global Customer Success Leader of the year at Slack.
🎉 Katrina K. started a new role as Customer Success Account Manager with Microsoft.
🎉 Sam Courtney completed my Level 3 certification for my CCSMP with PracticalCSM.
🎉 Wayne McCulloch released his new book The Seven Pillars of Customer Success.
🎉 Isabel Ruiz started a new position as Senior Customer Success Manager - Scale at Pluralsight.
🎉 Jonathan Piloquet was awarded as a top performer at Slack.
🎉 Lauren Tarbet completed her course on Customer Success Fundamentals on LinkedIn Learning.
🎉 Nikhil Kapoor completed Customer Success Fundamentals with PracticalCSM.
🎉 Lori Nielsen completed "Value Realization Best Practices for Customer Success Management” by PracticalCSM.
🎉 Kristi Faltorusso joined ClientSuccess as their new VP of Customer Success.
🎉 MOHAMMED ASIF completed Level 1 CCSM with SuccessHACKER.
🎉 Alexander Schmäler completed Level 1 CCSM with SuccessHACKER.
🎉 Nicola Noble completed Level 1 CCSM with Practical CSM.
🎉 Jason Hoe completed Level 1 CCSM with SuccessHACKER.