A note from the editor
Report #8 is hot off the presses 📰 It's been 4 months since CS Insider launched and we've already grown to over 23 passionate team members and 600+ subscribers! We are doing what we love & can't thank you enough for being a part of this amazing community. Here are some updates from the team:
👉 Follow me on LinkedIn!
- We released new articles from our talented contributors😎
- Inclusive Innovation: A Series About Cutting Edge Customer Success — Jan Young
- Journal Junkie Vol.2: The Rise of Customer Success! — Niki Clarke-Crossman
Please make sure to subscribe below to get our condensed insider reports, delivered fresh from the oven at 550 degrees. Make sure to let cool for 15 minutes before opening 🔥
Table of Contents
- 📈Trending on LinkedIn
- 💭 Ashna's Corner
- 🔦Community Spotlight
- 🎉 Community Wins
⌚ Here's are our top favorites, shuffled for the week 🔀
- eBook: How to Become an Elite Customer Success Leader — ClientSuccess
- eBook: Customer Success 2.0 — Plantt.
- CS Career Guide: Customer Success Job Titles, Descriptions, & Salary — Cori Pearce, ChurnZero
- eBook: Get 5 Customer Retention Strategies that Work — Laura Miller, Skilljar
Churn & How to Avoid It — Anita Toth & Rick Adams, Practical CSM
How to Detect Team Stress & Manage It — UpdateAI
Pipeline Management for Customer Success — Kristen Hayer (Success League), clientsuccess
How to Build a Customer Success Program in Early-Stage Startup — Tobe Thompson & Irit Eizips, CSM Practice
Who should own the Renewals and Upsells? Sales or Customer Success? — Boaz Maor & Irit Eizips, CSM Practice
- Open Book of Customer Success Turns 1 with Diana De Jesus & Elisabeth Courtland
- The CSMSummit is TOMORROW!! Don't forget to sign up!
- State of a category – customer success 2021 — Stephen Danelutti, InnerVentures
- Employee Retention: 8 Proven Strategies to Retain the Best of the Best — Osman Koc, UserGuiding
- So You’re the First Customer Success Hire at Your Company… — Jared Orr, The Customer Success Whisperer
- Speaking with an introverted customer: It’s a different sport — Rasika Kelkar, InCustomerSuccess
- Meetings Are Thieves. Here’s How We Prevent Our Time From Being Stolen — Chris Hicken, nuffsaid
- How to build better customer relationships — Markus Rentsch, Remark-able
- Understanding, Measuring and Improving Time To Value (TTV) — Aditya Khanduri, Plutora
- 4 Ways Customer Success Teams Can Stave Off Burnout for Caregiver Teammates — Josh Schachter, UpdateAi
- CLTV Isn’t The Whole Story. Don’t Shortchange Second-Order Revenue. — Jason Lemkin, SaaStr
- Upgrade the Customer Journey with User Experience Maps and Reduce Churn — Jane Courtnell, Process.st
- Less, but better: how focusing on UX helped us triple NPS in 18 months — Vlado Hruda, The Signal by Mixpanel
- 4 Templates To Get Honest Product Feedback — Nickelled
- Customers Want You to Set Meeting Guidelines — Chris Hacken, The Success League
- What is a Customer Success Manager? — Denson Jade G. Natividad, CSM Practice
- 50 things Every Customer Success Leader Should Know - Chris Hicken, CEO, nuffsaid
E29 - It's Harder To Be You Than You Might Think — Ben Winn & Diana De Jesus, NPS I Love You
E39 - Lessons from the C-Suite with Megan Bowan — Marija S.Pilley & Megan Bowen, Women in Customer Success Podcast
- Yac — Async voice and video messages let you share designs, talk to your team, and reclaim your day
- Scribe — Transform meetings into instantly searchable and shareable video & text
- Calendso — The open source Calendly alternative
- From Ugh to Aha! Driving Product Adoption Through Effortless Self-Service Experiences — Zoomin
- Customer Success Leadership Roundtable: Determining if Companies Value Customer Success — SuccessCoaching
- CS Insider Speed Mixer — CS Insider
📈Trending on LinkedIn
Queen Joseph shares helpful tips around the sales to CS handoff process.
Cole Sanders Gives an important advise to the frontline CSM.
Emilia D'Anzica discusses why employee & customer onboarding is the 1st step to brand growth & success OR a lost opportunity
Jeff Breunsbach gets inspired by marketing examples & shares tips on how to WRITE clearly. He also helps us think about prioritization & how to focus on the right things.
Jay Nathan shares why leadership might just be the most underrated skill of Customer Success.
Markus Rentsch goes over why your customer success performance depends on the quality of your customer relationships & shares a comparison between Self-Centric vs Customer-Centric Company.
Ashna Patel shares why presentation matters in Customer Success. Then she goes on & shares how your past experience can teach you valuable lessons in Customer Success. She even shares her SWOT analysis on CS & signs to be a great CSM. Lastly, she shares her stash of CS reads.
Erika Villarreal explains why it is okay to try, fail & learn from our mistakes in Customer Success & shares CS Learning Channels.
Alex Farmer asks "what is your optimal high-touch EBR/QBR agenda?"
Anita Toth asks whether Customer Experience or Customer Success is more important.
Amarachi Ogueji shares A through Z of Customer Success. Can you fill in the rest?
Dana Alvarenga shares a list of five recommendations on how to achieve early customer wins.
Chris Hicken asks "Where should CS Ops report?"
Alexandra Thebert asks how you train customers up on your product.
Lindsey Neff (M.Ed) talks about Customer Success as a Classroom Teacher.
Kristi Faltorusso shares 8 Elements of Business Reviews.
Maranda Ann Dziekonski (she/her) discusses how to tell if a role in Customer Success is right for you.
Josh Schachter shares five 🔥 tips on how Customer Success leaders can create a great team culture, but also with empowering working parents.
Cris Sample shares tips for sales to CS hand-off.
Arit Nsemo gives some great advice on Zoom fatigue.
Jared Orr asks about lessons learned when it comes to being an effective CSM or joining as the first of many original hires at a company.
Diana De Jesus asks...what's your thing?
💭 Ashna's Corner
Welcome to Ashna's Corner! As you get replenished with our Customer Success recipes, I am here to provide you with your weekly dose of Self-Success!
April: Zoom (Video) Fatigue
Did you know April was "Mental Health Awareness" Month?
When it comes to mental health, there are many aspects that are not in our control. We often find ourselves dwelling over what we cannot control & forgot to think about things that we CAN control.
Take an example of virtual meetings & our "new Normal". Zoom fatigue is a real deal & we should not take it lightly.
So rather than thinking about what we cannot change, let's focus on what we CAN change.
With that in mind, in today's Ashna's Self-Success Episode she will be discussing some common practices to avoid or remedy Zooom (Video) Fatigue!
- Avoid scheduling back to back calls
- Keep a day to yourself- Call it a ZEN day or no meetings day or Only internal meetings day
- Try scheduling meetings for 50 minutes instead of 60, give yourself and others 10 minutes to wrap up from one session, gather thoughts on the next one, stretch a bit & join the next one
- Turn off your camera when you don't need it. It's better to be real & explain why you can't than to force a smile & pretend to be happy.
- Remember to take time off for yourself, take a walk, drink lots of water!
To learn more about Self-Success & Customer Success from Ashna Patel, follow her on Linkedin!
🎉 Community Wins
🎉Angela Guedes accepted the Head of Customer Success role at Belvo.
🎉Ken Duffie, CCSM completed CCSM Level 1 with SuccessHACKER.
🎉Amber Read completed CCSM Level 1 with SuccessHACKER.
🎉Joanita De souza completed CCSM Level 1 with SuccessHACKER.
🎉Jeremy Donaldson welcomed a little bundle of Joy to the world. ASHER 😍
🎉Annie Roberts joined FutureFit AI as a CSM.
🎉Betty Woods discussed her first week in Miro's wonderful work culture.
🎉Fraser Goodrich joined Vivacity Labs as a Technical CSM.
🎉Sabina M. Pons (She/Her) joined Growth Molecules as a Partner & Principal Consultant.
🎉Betty Woods completed her 1st week at Miro as an Enterprise CSM.
🎉Samrat Tandon joined Vertex Inc as a VP of Customer Success.
🎉Greg Luciano received the Excellence in Customer Service 2021 Award as Manager of the Year by Contentstack!
🎉Michael J Cruz joined Tableau Software, now part of Salesforce, as Senior Principal Success Manager.
🎉Asaff Zamir accepted a lecturer position to teach "Customer Success Management" as part of their MBA Program at The Academic College of Tel-Aviv, Yaffo.
🎉Sasi Yajamanyam reached his fundraising goal to publish his upcoming new book as a paperback & ebook.