March 2nd, 2021
Skip to Section
A note from the editor
👉 Follow me on LinkedIn!
Our fourth report has arrived! We're growing fast: adding more content, more events, and more EVERYTHING! Here are some quick updates for CS Insider:
- We've added new sections on this site, including one place to find all CS-related resources. We call it, The CS Brain.
- We've grown to 16 founding team members. If you want to get in on the ground floor, join here.
- We launched our CS Insider LinkedIn page. Follow us!
- We're organizing a ton of events for March and beyond. Bookmark our events page to stay up-to-date.
Please make sure to subscribe below to get our condensed insider reports, delivered fresh from the oven at 550 degrees. Make sure to let cool for 15 minutes before opening 🔥
⌚ Here's are my top favorites, shuffled for the week 🔀:
- Report: State of the Customer Success Industry and Salary Report 2020 - Totango
- Report: CS Benchmark Results & 2021 Outlook - Desired Path
- Website: ThinkSuccess.net - Driving success through stats and research, Niki Clarke-Crossman
- Website: Thedigitalcsm.com - Learn about Customer Success at Scale, Elisabeth Courland
- Infographic: Customer Health Score Industry Trends - Irit Eizips, CSM Practice
- Guide: Secrets to extraordinary customer onboarding - EverAfter (Contributors include Ziv Peled, Alex Farmer, Asaff Zamir, Eran Fishov, Terea Anania, Christina Cronin, and Steve Sanchez)
Why Renewal Decisions are NEVER a Surprise? - Rants & Musings with Rick Adams, The Practical CSM
Customer Health Score: Facts and Trends - CSM Practice
- A few ladies in Customer Success (Ashna, Ronni, Bhavika, Liane, Diana, Ali) recently started a new service organization: CS Ladies for all the women who are in and/or enthusiastic about CS.
- Bhavika&Lotte CS Chat Show released their first episode with Vignesh S. Raghunathan.
- Tealium raises $96 million to automate customer tracking on the web - Venture Beat
- Sinch acquires Inteliquent for $1.14B to take on Twilio in the US - TechCrunch
- New Customer Success Foundations Class Starting Soon! - The Success League
- BetterGrowth just launched their new community, BreakoutCS.
- What Is a Living Journey Map? - Shawn Phillips, Heart of the Customer
- 10 Best Customer Experience Metrics (According to the Experts) - Casey Paxton, Parlor
- Is Your Low-Touch Model Really Just Customer Support Plus? - Chris Hicken, nuffsaid
- You Know the Best Practices for Customers, But Are You Following Your Own Good Advice? -Dave Baca, TSIA
- How to Engage Unresponsive Customers - Brooke Goodbary, Freshworks
- Don't Manage Customer Churn. Prevent It. - Brian Nordli, Built In
- Q&A: Surprising Insights About Customer Health Scores and Its Impact on Recurring Revenue - Emily Nesterick and Irit Eizips, ChurnZero and CSM Practice
- The Rise of the COO Role - Allison Pickens, The New Normal Newsletter
- A Day in the Life of a Customer Success Manager Using ChurnZero - Chase Tinkham, ChurnZero
- “There’s a SaaS for that”: Why Customer Success will be the next vertical to explode in SaaS solutions - Eugene Lee, OMERS Ventures
Secrets to Operationalizing a Transformational Customer Program - Customer Service Secrets with John Timmerman
The Low-Touch Model Maturity Scale - 'wellsaid
- EverAfter - The powerful canvas where business relationships evolve and rise.
- Viwo - Track, analyze and respond to customer comments across social media and effectively manage customer queries at scale.
- gSweets - Delightful Shortcuts for Google Docs.
- Rocketlane - Collaboration, project management, and workflows, built to simplify and standardize your complex customer onboarding journeys.
- CS Speed Networking Mixer - CS Insider
- Real talk: Customer Success + Motherhood in a Pandemic - UpdateAI
- Strikedeck Spark Virtual Summit - Strikedeck
CLICK ARROW TO VIEW IMAGE
Diana De Jesus thinks you should be best friends with your Implementation Manager and shares a quick job tip for future CS pros.
Markus Rentsch shares why customer success is often seen as the ugly duckling compared to marketing and sales in SaaS.
Dana Alvarenga shares her list on capturing customer engagement and advocacy.
Dave Black asks, "What are your personal best practices for setting property expectations with customers?"
Maranda Ann Dziekonski shares her five steps to customer thankfulness and building out your customer health model.
Kristi Faltorusso's Real Simple CS Series: Learning from bad leaders | CS is not plug and play | If your customers are not growing, they are dying. | Customer Success is not complicated. Budget Planning Playbook | Anatomy of a Good Follow-Up Email. Oh, and her top reasons for customers churn.
Emelie Malmquist discusses her "Introducing Customers" series.
Jay Nathan is DJing and so should you. He also reminds us that no news is bad news in Customer Success.
Deepali Jagota gives her 14 Cs for Customer Success.
Julie Parker talks Digital CSM for tech-challenged Customers.
Aditya Maheshwari gives his tips for writing better emails.
Erika Villarreal states emphatically that Customer Success is NOT Customer Support.
Guy Rahamim discusses animation and customer onboarding.
Monica Trivedi discusses the dynamic duo; Sales and Customer Success.
Alex Farmer wants you to join his next team meeting. We were told there will be donuts.
Tanuj Diwan asks how you keep your mind shut after work.
Welcome to Ashna's Corner! As you get replenished with Brandon's CS recipes, I am here to provide you with your weekly dose of SELF-SUCCESS.
MARCH: REWARD YOURSELF
When was the last time you rewarded yourself with a gift just for yourself?
When was the last time you tapped your shoulder and thought, "Hey, self- Great job on being awesome?"
Rewarding yourself does not mean self-praising or even being selfish, It means taking care of yourself first so you can help those around you better
You have been working hard & that is the fact! Whether you have been working more than ever during pendamic, trying so hard to find the right opportunity, juggling home & work, staying active in your children, family, relatives, or friends life, or just simply trying to get past a day- YOU HAVE BEEN WORKING HARD! & for that, you deserve a reward. Who better to give yourself a reward than yourself?
With that in mind, in this week's Self-Success episode, Ashna wants you to treat yourself with 3 simple things.
- For the next few days, say or write yourself 3-4 positive affirmation (such as I am strong, I can make a difference, I believe in myself, etc)
- In the next week or two, get yourself a gift, monetary or not. (Buy yourself a meal, go shopping, treat yourself to a spa, order that video game you wanted, binge watch movie, take a vacation, take a day off, go on a hike, etc)
- Make a healthy habit of Self-rewarding 😇
Do not underestimate the power of self-rewarding. We understand our stregnths & weaknesses better than anyone so it only makes sense to reward ourselves once in a while as well 🙏🏽
👉 Follow & reach out to Ashna on LinkedIn to learn and chit-chat more about Customer Success & Self-Success.
Tell us a few sentences about yourself.
Hi, I'm Bhavika. I have been into Client facing roles for the last five years and currently working as a Customer Success Manager at Algonomy. I do have technical expertise as well which helps me in automating a lot of stuff and knowing more is always for the best. I believe in taking up a lot of initiatives besides my full-time job and do you know why I do so? There is a one word answer to this and that is "LEARNING".
Let me tell you about the initiatives that I have taken up. I am a Founder at IncustomerSuccess.com, CS Ladies, Bhavika&Lotte CS Chat Show and it doesn't end here! I am passionate about Customer Success because of which I am part of many initiatives like leading the India Chapter of Customer Success Network, Building the CS Community at PracticalCSM with Rick Adams. Apart from Customer Success, I love talking to different people and believe in the power of networking. In my free time, I love coloring Mandalas which provides me immense peace of mind.
What are you looking forward to most in 2021 with where CS is heading?
I'm looking forward to seeing this profession growing more. It's pacing up really very fast because of the communities that are brewing up and I am really glad to see this. I wish to see more awareness around Customer Success this year, If I specifically talk about India - it'll still take some time to get there and I am very hopeful about this in the coming years.
What's your spirit animal?
Great question! My spirit animal is the Spider! The spider is very persistent in terms of building its web. The spider never often makes its web from one attempt. He keeps going until it's done. If it gets destroyed, he gets to work again and starts to rebuild. Persistence is the key and if you have that, you can achieve whatever you dream of.
What one piece of advice you would give to someone just getting started in CS as a career?
One piece of advice which I give to someone getting started in CS as a career is - have that hunger for LEARNING!. If you have this, CS will not be difficult because a CSM is always learning and that's what best Customer Success Managers have in themselves. You learn from your customers, stakeholders, colleagues and if you have that intention to learn, you'll always gain from anything that you take up.
Where people can find you?
Here is my Linkedin Profile, stay in touch:)
Welcome to Breaking into CS with Guy and Guru
This series is mainly curated for the new CS Managers and CS Aspirants who are trying to break into CS and build a profile for themselves. We are looking to build a unified repository of all CS-related content for you folks to refer throughout your CSM lifecycle.
For our first post, we figured we would start with the basic abbreviations and terms used frequently in the CS ecosystem. At the end of the post, we will include resources we believe that you should check out to complete the picture.
🎉 Sampada Wakhlu was recognized as Handshake’s Customer Success Manager of the Year.
🎉 Ashraf Aljesrawi received the Trailblazers & Humanitarians award.
🎉 Stuart Gleason just completed his Certified Customer Success Manager Level 1 Certification from SuccessHACKER.
🎉 Nilendra Fernando completed a slew of LinkedIn Learning CS courses.
🎉 Adam Larkins just passed his Certified Customer Success Manager Level 2 Certification from SuccessHACKER.