Subscribe below to get our condensed insider reports, delivered fresh from the oven at 550 degrees. Make sure to let cool for 15 minutes before opening 🔥
A note from the editor
👉 Follow me on LinkedIn
Hola! Thank you for reading through our 12th CS Insider Report. After 6 months, we've consistently published a report once every two weeks. Additionally, our team's been reflecting on what's next for CS Insider. All I can say right now is BIG changes are coming so please keep an eye out for more to come. Before then, take a gander below to see all that's happening in the CS community.
CS Insider Updates & New Publications
- Upcoming Event: CS Speed Mixers: Join CS Insider and Customer Success Network's upcoming networking event.
- Article: CS for Startups: A Conversation with Author Jennifer Chiang - Part One — CS Insider Co
- Article: The Lessons I Learned About Simplifying Onboarding — Guest Contributor Brian Nicholls
- Article: What Product Wishes Every CSM Did — Guest Contributor Tanuj Diwan
Skip to Section
- 🖥️ Videos
- 🎫Upcoming Events
- 📈Trending on LinkedIn
- 🔦Community Spotlight
- 🎉 Community Wins
⌚ Here's are our top favorites, shuffled for the week 🔀
- Kristi Faltorusso shares an easy-to-follow framework for creating a Customer Journey. Be sure to check out Kristi's LinkedIn feed to see her dig deep into each stage of the Customer Journey in separate posts including Align, Execute, Realize, and Advocate!
- Customer Onboarding Maturity Model — Rocketlane
- A Day in a Life of Customer Success Manager — Irit Eizips, CSM Practice
- Pulse Everywhere Recordings — Gainsight
- Where to Find Customer Success Jobs — Diana De Jesus, The Customer Success Project
- Brella the event tech that ran The Customer Conference closes a $10M Series A funding round.
- Monday.com goes public.
- ChurnZero receives 2021 Top Workplaces Award from The Washington Post
- Why CSMs Must Act Like Psychologists - Chris Hicken, 'nuffsaid
- What Netflix Has Taught Us About Customer Success and Keeping Things Simple — Nick Mehta, Gainsight
- Adoption and Indicators — Russel Bourne, The Success League
- Proving the Value of Customer Success with Guest Marty Kaufman — The Jasons
- Customer Success (Who's Fired Up?), Gainsight
- How to Be a CSM Your Clients will Adore, Katie Sloop, Women in Customer Success Podcast
- Trustpage provides software teams a single, connected hub for building trust with prospects and customers, assisted by AI.
- Hera the personal assistant that will make you love meetings.
- inlytics — LinkedIn analytics for personal profiles.
- Escape the Inbox: A Virtual Escape Room Competition for CS Teams June 22-24 & June 29th, Catalyst
- Bain & Eco Webinar: Elements of Value for B2B Sales & Customer Success Jun 23rd, Customer Value Community
- Women in Leadership: Closing Gender Gaps to Drive Business Success Jun 23rd, Software Equity Group
- What Customers Care About the Most June 24th, Practical CSM
- Innovative Trends in Customer Success At Scale July 13th, Cast
📈Trending on LinkedIn
- Jared Orr shares his most valuable lessons in his 3 years as a CSM.
- Kristi Faltorusso talks about the 20 most valuable expectations she has for her team, and talks about change being hard but important.
- Bhavika Kochhar talks about innovating during my career trajectory.
- Diana De Jesus highlights the challenges coming from a Support role to a Customer Success role.
- Josh Schachter provides a recap of his recent Customer Success Festival session discussing the topic of "How to Build a Killer CS Career".
- Markus Rentsch outlines the BCG-Matrix as a tool to segment your customers using the dimensions profitability (revenue – costs) and growth potential and breaks down actionable ways to fix churn.
- Dana Alvarenga shares a sneak peak of her session at The Customer Conference focused on building a great Customer Program and reminds us the relationships come first and the advocates after. Check out this other post from Dana about how to prepare for your in-person customer events!
- Christian Jakenfelds recaps a 'nuffsaid podcast episode including actionable tips to align Customer Success, Product, Sales and Marketing.
- Yaagneshwaran Ganesh shared how you can identify potential customer churn using conversation intelligence.
- Erika Villarreal is looking out for the Customer Success job hunters and reminds us that communicating the value you are going to bring to their company and the problems that you are going to help solve is what will help you stand out as the right choice to the employer.
- Maranda Dziekonski shares tactics she’s used during her career to improve NPS scores.
- Tanuj Diwan compiled a list of appeals for CSMs on how we can work together to make a brighter future for our customers on behalf of Product Managers.
Ashna Patel answers the question, "What do you think is the key in developing a Long-term Customer Relationship?"... SPOILER ALERT: The answer is trust! Check out the post to learn more about how you can build trust with your customers.
🎉 Community Wins
🎉 Ashna Patel started a new position as Customer Success Coach (Volunteer) at Catalyst Software.
🎉 Bo Avery completed CCSM Level 1 by SuccessHACKER.
🎉 Heather Wintermantel joined Zendesk as Vice President of Enterprise Customer Experiences.
🎉 Daniel Kanter started as a Senior Customer Success Manager at Salesforce.
🎉 Emre Aktas joined the inSided Customer Success team as Onboarding & Migration Specialist.
🎉 Apolline Belloir joined Pluralsight as Customer Success Manager.
🎉 Marija Skobe-Pilley started a new position as Customer Success Manager at AppDynamics.